Welcome to RAW Works. My name is Raymond and I live in the western suburbs of Sydney. This blog will be a portal for me to photo-document the wheels I refurbish and repaint. This is only a side hobby for me so there won't be any crazy custom jobs! My skills have only stretched so far as to using body repair materials, resprays and polishing, so anything that requires welding and unbuckling will be beyond what I can do. I hope to improve on my current skills as I go along, and as a lover of wheels, it's a way for me to express my art side as well as giving life to some tired wheels again.

At the moment, I'm just scouring through eBay for damaged wheels selling for cheap. If you have any wheels you don't need anymore, throw me an email/comment. At the moment I'm just buying sets of wheels to refurb then sell them off. I prefer not to do personal jobs/requests as I don't trust myself with that yet! But that said, pass me an email/comment if you need any help wheel-wise.

My Facebook page is @ http://www.facebook.com/raysalloywheelworks/, please "like" it!

Cheers.

Oct 9, 2012

Project Kouki, part 3 - execution

The wheel specs ended up being 17x10.5 ET13 and 17x11 ET12.

The next day, I quickly sealed them.  Copying Tony's technique of masking the edges of the joins up, I managed to get the silicon bead (Sikaflex 227) on quickly and neatly.  Sealing took less than an hour for all four :)


Then had a bit of a photoshoot before it went for tyres.





With a bit of advice, Kennedy ended up choosing 215/45 for the fronts and 225/45 for the rears.  Lower profile could have been opted for but these were closest to the original rolling diameter and for the amount of stretch we're gonna put through it, I thought having a 45 profile would be more forgiving on the tyre sidewalls.  Achilles were chosen for their price and popularity with the stance crowd due to the way they stretch.  And it was a good choice.  JAX Merrylands were responsible for the tyres and fitting, top work and service as always.





A week on since fitting and no leaks, no dramas :)

So the wheels finally went on Kennedy's S14 for the House of Stance meet, pretty sure it went down pretty well!  We were supposed to have some polished half-height hex caps on for the meet but they were still in the shop being polished up, so I lent him my EuroImageTuning flat caps instead.  I think they look much better than the hexes!






Cheers :)

No comments: